Sunday, August 19, 2012

Vectorised Digit Morphing (1997)

In 1997, as a prelude to a few other game-writing projects I had in mind, I wanted to try out a simple way of rendering digits using line segments.  All digits would be rendered using the same number of segments, overlapping segments when required; when changing a digit from one to another (i.e. to display a score or something), the segment endpoints would be interpolated.  This actually gave a somewhat cool effect I've recorded for posterity here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FT Tiny Trainer (2015)

After flying the Towel for quite some time, I decided it was time for a slightly more complex RC plane project.  Browsing the Flite Test s...